The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Head to Navukgo Execution Chamber.
- Make sure at least one party member has a Cast Metal Plate for getting through the Gates of Halvung.
- Travel to (G-7), passing through the Gates of Halvung along the way. Beware the Wamoura, which are true-sound.
- (Alternatively, you can actually pass through Alzadaal Undersea Ruins, emerging at (G-6), and follow the underground pathway to the south and west, then wrapping around to the west. This will allow you to avoid most Wamoura spawns, as well as having to hunt down a Cast Metal Plate. Simply take the Runic Portal to Nyzul Isle, use the portal at (H-8), then go east, west, west, and exit.)
- The caves at (G-7) will take you into Halvung. Continue in a general westerly direction, winding through several tunnels and crossing a bridge over a lava flow.
- Upon zoning back out to Mount Zhayolm, travel to (D-8). This will take you into the Execution Chamber.
- When you zone in, you will receive the first cutscene.
- Go down and examine the Decorative Bronze Gate for the second cutscene.
- When your party is ready, enter the Battle Area.
- No level limit, 6 member limit (Karababa will join in and spam Ancient Magic II).
- Karababa doesn't appear to need to be kept alive, however if she does take too much damage and is not cured she will warp out around 50% life.
- Your party does not need to live through the battle to win, if Karababa can manage to kill it before she warps.
- When the message "The Khimaira's breathing has grown ragged" is displayed, the Khimaira is susceptible to intimidation by any player, pet, or even Karababa and does much reduced damage.
- Most of the damage, if not all, can be done by Karababa. It it not necessary to ever engage the mob, but for Karababa to attack, you need to agitate it in some way. Karababa will only grab the Khimaira's attention when she casts on it, which takes about 10-15 seconds to occur. Her attacks will consist primarily of Ancient Magic II when the mob drops below 30%.
- However, hate is immediately shared among all those in the party.
- The mob is a Khimaira-type mob named Khimaira 13, with approximately 30,000 HP. Its damage ranges around 200 damage per hit until Karababa weakens it. However, the effect is only temporary. Attack speed is very fast. Uses specials:
- Defeating the mob will put you into another cutscene.
- All members of the party must be on or past ToaU 22 "Shield of Diplomacy" in order to enter the BC
- When you enter, Karababa will not attack until Khimaira 13 engages one of your party's members. A strategy would imply a member acquiring hate and dying, letting Khimaira 13 then attack Karababa. Following this, have everyone Cure the little Tarutaru until victory. For this tactic, it is crucial that no one performs any action on Khimaira after the initial provocation. That would result in the Khimaira killing that member before returning to Karababa.
- Karababa does NOT need to stay in the BCNM the entire time to count the mission as a success. She may escape and if you still defeat the Khimaira 13 the mission will succeed.
- Bring a Summoner, their immense MP pool will help keep cures constant.
- The Khimaira 13 seems to grow resistant to Karababa's spells at around 40% of his health. It will then deplete much slower. Keep that in mind when gauging your MP.
- When Karababa says "Well, if you won't play nice, I'll put your sorry hide on ice!" it means she's going to cast Freeze II on Khimaira 13.
- When Karababa says "That's quite enough..." it boosts her magic attack power and she begins spamming Tier 1 nukes for about 800-2000 damage each.
- It appears to be possible to rest without obtaining any aggro when Khimaira 13 is weakened.
- If Karababa is tanking Khimaira 13, Khimaira 13's AOE attacks will not hit your party.
- Can be duo'd by a NIN/DRK and a BRD/WHM. Keep Elegy on.
- Duo'd by RDM/WHM kiting and WAR/NIN voking Khimaira off the NPC (when mp low for heal) or RDM from time to time.
- Duoed by a MNK/NIN and a WHM/BLM, letting Karababa take initial hate.
- Can be solo'd by a RDM/NIN, simply kiting it around using Gravity and Bind while Karababa nukes it. If RDM manages to keep hate while out of attack range Karababa doesn't need to be healed at all, which will make the fight very easy.
- Can be solo'd by a SMN/WHM easily, using Fenrir or Carbuncle just kite it between the entry point, and the arena area. Send the avatar on Khimaira 13, and run to the other side of the area, when your avatar dies quickly summon it again and sic it on the Khimaira again, repeat this several times to win this battle easily.
- Solo'd by RDM71/NIN35, kiting it using Gravity and Bind, no trouble, zero resists.
- Duo'd with THF/NIN and WHM/SMN. Easily tanked by THF/NIN with evasion setup. Has very poor accuracy and can be SA'd while tanking for a quicker fight.
- Mission Orders
- You are once again in the employ of Lady Karababa. This time, your role is to protect the ambassador within the ominous Navukgo Execution Chamber. Will you be able to redeem your reputation with President Naja...?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.