Records & Statistics Moogles
- Southern San d'Oria ( ) / Northern San d'Oria ( )
- Bastok Mines ( ) / Bastok Markets ( )
- Windurst Waters, North ( ) / Windurst Woods ( )
Talking to a moogle will trigger the following statistics being presented to you:
- Chat Frequency: Number of lines typed in /say, /party, /linkshell, /shout, or /tell.
- Conversations With NPCs: Number of times you chatted with a non-player character.
- Parties Joined: Number of parties you have been a part of.
- Alliances Joined: Number of alliances you have been a part of.
- Battles Fought: Number of times you have engaged in battle.
- Number of Times KO'd: Number of times you have fallen.
- Enemies Defeated: Number of times you have succeeded in defeating a monster.
- GM Calls Made: Number of calls to Game Masters for assistance in-game.
If this is the first time you have spoken to a Records & Statistics Moogle during this event, you will then be given the option to chose two rewards from the following list:
Speak to the moogle again each subsequent day (after JP midnight) for the option to receive a prize or wait for a better prize. Selecting 'receive' rewards you one random item from the following list.
- Waiting one day removes the possibility of being awarded the Chocobiscuit, Moogurt or Chocobo Ticket.
- If you already possess the item that is selected for you, you will instead receive one of the three types of firework.
- The number of fireworks you receive is based on the number of days waited, so 1-10 with no wait; 1-20 after waiting one day; 21-30 after waiting two days, etc.
- Waiting more than one day doesn't seem to have any further effect on the reward, ie the Nomad Moogle Rod can be obtained after one wait, and a Copper Voucher after eight waits.
- Southern San d'Oria ( ) east side of Victory Square
- Bastok Markets ( ) west side of Firewater Circle
- Windurst Waters, North ( ) north of Timbre Timbers Tavern
Subsequently, the Moogle will offer to teleport you outside the city to participate in the Premium Mooblin Battle.
Treasure CofferPast years' rewards, now including the , are available from the coffer next to the Moogle:
Premium Mooblin Battle
Registering to Battle
Firstly, receive magnificent moogle magic to restrict your level to five and enable you to target the event mobs.
Next, make your way to the event area very close by whilst under the level restriction to begin the battle.
Earning Tiptrus Points
The battle is divided into six sections, where points are tallied separately. There are three types of points: Trust (Physical Damage), Camaraderie (Magic Damage), and Friendship (Healing). All of these will be added together at the end. Your final tally is your Tiptrus points for the set.
Depending on the combination of damage/healing during a single phase, you can receive extra bonuses for the next section. All of these bonuses stack.
- "Points Twins" gives 200% to two stats that are identical.
- "Points Triplets" gives 300% if all three stats are identical.
- "Close Enough Bonus" of 50% is applied if they are fairly close.
- "Close Enough Bonus" of 100% is applied if they are extremely close.
- "Uniform Points" gives 5% to all three if the last two digits of the subtotal match.
- "Round Number Points" gives 10% to all three if they are all even numbers (0 included).
- "Anniversary Points" gives 16% to all three if "11" appears in your running total of points.
You cannot kill the NPCs. Their HP is extremely high and resets to 50% every few seconds.
Each wave modifies the properties on the various ways to build points. The Moogles give hints for every wave:
- Phase 1: Aim for bonuses first, kupo!
- The spiders take normal damage from all types of attacks.
- Phase 2: Magic attacks are more effective than physical ones, kupo!
- Magic does double damage to the crabs, while physical damage is halved.
- Phase 3: Physical attacks are more effective than magic ones, kupo!
- Physical attacks and weapon skills do double damage to the Mandragora, while magic damage is halved.
- Phase 4: Healing and support abilities might not work properly, kupo!
- Phase 5: Watch out for weaker healing magic, kupo!
- Healing magic is halved during the lamb phase.
- Final Phase: Smash the Goblin to smithereens, kupo!
You must first surpass 10,000 tiptrus points. You can take as many tries as needed, as points stack until you reach 10,000. At the end of the battle that you surpass 10,000, a chest will appear containing:
Once you complete Participation Mode, your tiptrus points will reset to zero and you will automatically start Premium Mode.
Rewards are now available from the Moogle, with a few being hidden until you obtain 3,000 and 5,000 tiptrus points in a single set, respectively (see notes under the reward table below).
|♪Moogle companion||3,000 pt.|
*This reward only appear after obtaining more than 3,000 points from a single set.
**These rewards only appear after obtaining more than 5,000 points from a single set.
- A job/subjob combination (e.g. RDM/WHM or RDM/BLM) that can nuke and heal is highly recommended.
- You will want to spend the entirety of phase 1 working towards a Twins or Triplets bonus, and spend the remainder of the phases exploiting physical/magical weaknesses with your accumulated bonuses. When you see that your stats are good enough for a Twins or Triplets bonus, stop attacking the spiders no matter what your current total is. You can earn 54 points in the first phase and still top 10,000 points by the end as long as you hit that bonus.
- Save TP for the Mandragora and Goblin Phases.
- Be mindful of the day of the week. Darksday, Lightsday, Windsday, and Earthsday will change the calculations required to hit a good bonus in Phase 1.