- Extends the effect of your next healing or enhancing white magic spell to party members within range.
- MP cost and casting time are doubled.
- Obtained: Scholar Level 40
- Recast Time: Stratagem Charge
- Duration: 1 compatible white magic spell or 60 seconds, whichever occurs first
- Accession is a stratagem, which obeys different usage rules than typical Job Abilities.
- When targeting a player character, only the related party members are affected. Can use to affect other parties in alliance.
- When targeting NPCs (in Campaign Battle or Bastion), 'area of effect' can include up to 15 people (which includes anyone partied or otherwise). This does not happen when casting spells on enemies.
- Base MP cost and recast duration are not affected by Light Arts for spells affected by Accession.
- Example: "Accession: Cure II" would cost 48 MP, not 44 MP.
- If Scholar is used as a Subjob, recast time is tripled rather than doubled.
- RDM's Composure recast increase is multiplied with that of Accession. Recast is multiplied by 1,25 x 3 = 3,75.
- The word accession most generally means an increase or progression. In one definition: 'an increase by something added' and was once more commonly used to refer to new land a farmer had acquired.
- Spells that are not covered by this ability will not be affected (no cost or recast changes) and will not remove the buff.
Accession can be used in combination with the following spells to make them AoE: