- Talk to Dietmund (Door:Merchant's House) in Lower Jeuno (G - 11), with Beastmaster as your main job. You may need to click on his door twice, make sure he mentions the Tamer's Whistle.
- Dietmund can be talked to at any point during this quest, and will give you optional cutscenes as reminders.
- From this point on, you can complete the quest on any job. Once you've flagged the quest, you don't need to be Beastmaster to finish.
- Next take a piece of Mahogany Lumber to Osker in Upper Jeuno in the Chocobo stables. Obtain the Tamer's Whistle (key item) and head to Eldieme Necropolis.
- Enter Eldieme Necropolis from Batallia Downs at F-5 ("7" entrance). This entrance is on the upper level.
- Go to the back left sarcophagus at D-4.
- Clear the room and click on the sarcophagus to spawn Taifun and Trombe (tigers) and Sturm (an undead hound).
- You only need to defeat Sturm. If you charmed Taifun and Trombe (recommended) they will despawn after Sturm dies.
- Inspect the tomb again, watch a cutscene and receive your Beast Trousers. Anyone with the quest active will receive the reward upon inspecting the tomb after Sturm is defeated. (See Strategies)
- Optional: Talk to Dietmund for an epilogue.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.