- Head to Batallia Downs (S) as your level 30+ job and go to (J-10) to enter the Eldieme Necropolis (S).
- In the Eldieme Necropolis (S), talk to the NPC named Erlene at (J-8). She will ask for 12 sheets of Vellum.
- If you're not on BLM, RDM, SMN or BLU already, change jobs to one of those.
- Go back to the Eldieme Necropolis (S) and trade 12 sheets of Vellum to Erlene for another cutscene.
- Activate your Two Hour Ability: Azure Lore, Manafont, Chainspell, or Astral Flow and talk to Erlene for a third CS. You will receive the Grimoire and can now become a Scholar.
- You must zone in order for Scholar to appear in your Job levels list.
Note: Should you accidentally, in your rush to please Erlene, hand over your 12 sheets of vellum before changing to one of the jobs listed, your information will be saved, and once you return as a blm, blu, rdm or smn you will be given another opportunity to use your "2-hour" and achieve level 1 Scholar status by viewing the rest of the cut scene. 2 people from my linkshell alone have gone through this little snafu, so I suspect it may be quite common for those who do not have a mage or smn job high enough to start the quest. Good luck!
Client: Erlene - Eldieme Necropolis (S) (J-8)
Summary: You have been given the chance to study the grimoire used by the famous Schultz School of Martial Theory. Your first task is to bring Erlene twelve sheets of Vellum.