- The beastman headgear quests consist of An Understanding Overlord?, A Moral Manifest?, A Generous General? and An Affable Adamantking?. You cannot have more than one active at a time.
- Should you wish to cancel this quest once started, talk to Faulpie.
- If you have progressed to the point where you have obtained the Goblin Cutting , you must drop it first.
- If you have previously completed this quest, cancelling it will not remove it from your Completed Quests list.
- You cannot obtain this quest whilst you have Choplix's Coif in your inventory.
- This quest may be attempted once per Conquest Tally.
- Enter Oldton Movalpolos through the southern K-6 entrance of the two in North Gustaberg for a cutscene with Gu'Zho Thunderblade to start the quest.
- You will be given the option of whether or not to begin the quest; if you choose to not take the quest, you will not be given the chance to start it again until after the next Conquest Tally.
- Speak with the Leathercraft Guildmaster Faulpie at the Tanners' Guild in Southern San d'Oria for a cutscene.
- Trade Faulpie a Buffalo Hide , Sheep Leather and 10,000 gil at the same time.
- Wait until the next game day and speak with Faulpie again for another cutscene, at which point you will receive a Goblin Cutting , and the recipe of the Goblin Coif that requires it.
- If you wish to obtain another Goblin Cutting , you can purchase them from Faulpie for 100,000 gil each if you do not have one in your inventory.
- Obtain a Goblin Coif , either by the level 75 Leathercraft synthesis using the Goblin Cutting or from a player bazaar.
- Equip the Goblin Coif and return to Oldton Movalpolos through the southern K-6 entrance in North Gustaberg, for another cutscene and to receive a Goblin recommendation letter.
- Go to G-8 in Oldton Movalpolos and select the Iron Box while wearing the Goblin Coif to spawn a group of seven Notorious Monsters (Goblin Preceptor (RDM), Grimoire Guru Grimogek (BLM), Dread Dealing Dredodak (DRK), 4x Bugbear Porterman).
- The Goblin recommendation letter will not disappear until you receive the cutscene for the victory of the battle. If you fail, you can try again without having to re-obtain it.
- This is a trivial battle for a level 99 character using Trust magic.
- Defeat the Goblin Preceptor; once it is killed, the other NMs will disappear.
- Select the Iron Box again while wearing the Goblin Coif for a cutscene.
- Trade the Goblin Coif to the Iron Box; there will be another cutscene and you will obtain Choplix's Coif in exchange.
- Zone out and back into Oldton Movalpolos for a cutscene that ends the quest and a Gold Beastcoin reward.